Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Welcome, updates and brief bits of info. (Updated 09 09 2014) (Read 5579 times)
Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Re: Welcome, updates and brief bits of info. (Updated 04 09 2012)
Reply #6 - 04/06/14 at 4:55am

I also thought about that in the last weeks. It would be useful to have some of these guys here. Especially Seydor.

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Re: Welcome, updates and brief bits of info. (Updated 04 09 2012)
Reply #7 - 04/18/14 at 11:12am

Stanton wrote on 04/06/14 at 4:55am:
I also thought about that in the last weeks. It would be useful to have some of these guys here. Especially Seydor.

Yes, exactly.   They belong here!

IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Re: Welcome, updates and brief bits of info. (Updated 09 10 2014)
Reply #8 - 09/10/14 at 1:52pm

My apologies for the site being redirected for those of you that tried to visit in the past several days. Without going into specifics there was an attack, the failsafes worked but the damage took a little longer to clean up than I anticipated.
-Nate

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Re: Welcome, updates and brief bits of info. (Updated 09 09 2014)
Reply #9 - 09/10/14 at 7:19pm

I can't seem to get on the new site, and, I have to confess, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #10 - 09/10/14 at 7:45pm

Listen, I LOVE this website, even with its imperfections.  But there is one BIG criticism which drove me right up the wall when I first spent weeks trying to get on.  Yes, weeks!  And it threatens to drive me half nuts again!

In my many years' experience with computers, from my early days on the Commodore 64 until now, this is the HARDEST website to logon to... EVER!   Just trying to read the silly characters and trying to type them in is virtually impossible!   I CAN'T read the characters, and keep retyping different variations until I start cursing and finally give up. I remember this well when I first tried to get on this website -- in fact, it's virtually a nightmare from hell in my memory.

Right now I am faced with the same situation.   I had to retype my password again, and tried all the various ones, but no dice.  The reason is I had so much trouble logging on the first time that I must have wound up with an almost nonsensical password I can never figure out again.  The truth is that I only am able to remain here because of the 'keeps' logon feature, and my computer remembers what my password is, but I don't!   And I can't even get it to send me a new one by trying to logon to 'sampeckinpah.com'.  I see those crazy illegible characters again!

I'm a smart guy, I write essays, been published, won poetry awards, I do lectures on the most intellectual films by Antonioni, Wenders, Wajda -- but here I seem to be a blathering moron!

Can anyone help me?  Or, better still, can you please IMPROVE the way to logon here because there must be ditches full of bodies of Peckinpah fans dying of old age trying to get on this website!

IP Logged

JEFF1950

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #11 - 09/11/14 at 3:42am

Robert.

That is strange, I have never had a problem with this site. I must be doing something right, because normally I'm an idiot with a computer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3