Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info! (Read 35222 times)
Mike S.
Ex Member

El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info!
06/17/09 at 5:13am

The 2 - disc Special Edition DVD of this feature length documentary finally will be released this July.

Independently produced the making of this project went on for many years. The last three years the film played international festivals and in 2005 bits of the filmed material were used for PASSION & POETRY: MAJOR DUNDEE, a 22 min. documentary included on Sony's DVD of the extended cut of MAJOR DUNDEE. In 2007 I added PASSION & POETRY: SAM PECKINPAH's STRAW DOGS (approx. 60 minutes) for the German 2 - Disk Special Edition (red Digi-Box).
Hopefully I'll find a label in the future to make a SE of CROSS OF IRON. PASSION & POETRY: SAM's WAR is a 60 minute doc I'm preparing for 2010...

The upcoming PASSION & POETRY - THE BALLAD OF SAM PECKINPAH DVD-release includes a bonus disc with 150 min. of additional documentaries. I don't know yet whether the set will ever be released in the US or the UK. But the DVD's are codefree (PAL!) and all the content is in English anyway, as the film was shot in English language (with optional German subtitles only):

Disc 1:
PASSION & POETRY - THE BALLAD OF SAM PECKINPAH 115 min.
(audio - commentary by Mike Siegel in German & English language)

Disc 2:
STORIES ON A STORYTELLER three part documentary with additional interviews
- Pt1: THE WESTERNER  29 min.
- Pt2: ART & SUCCESS  36 min.
- Pt3: POET ON THE LOOSE  38 min.

MAPACHE TERRITORY 15 min.
Featurette on the WILD BUNCH locations in Mexico

ERNEST BORGNINE ON THE WILD BUNCH  15 min.
Interview featurette

MIKE’s HOMEMOVIES  14 min.
Behind the scenes, Retrospectives & Festivals

On youtube there's a trailer to watch and also the 15 minute MAPACHE TERRITORY uploaded in two parts.
It will be available in july directly from the film makers website, eBay and Amazon.de - so far...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The cover sheet will be two-sided (the backside is without the new German rating logo '16' we have to attach since March)

The release was postponed and delayed time and time again. With 270 minutes the thing is just too complicated for a one man company. Hours before the printing we discovered a hidden mistake in the master files for the menue and had to do it again. The problem these last weeks is checking the DVD's contents by watching it all over again and again. Dozens of hours.

I think we finally made it now and the DVD will be produced next week. 8 more days then and it is here with me or Amazon.de (for those who want to support me - order it from my website  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register )

Here's the cover (!! It is two-sided. Not the slipcase of course, but the inlay. The backside is without the ugly rating '12' box!!).
Some menues examples and the booklet cover (German text; the DVD's have an English menue and are in English language in their entitety).

« Last Edit: 08/05/09 at 5:12pm by Nate B. »  

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info!
Reply #1 - 08/01/09 at 5:12am

Hi Mike,
I have ordered your DVD on Amazon.de in mid July and the order seems to be pending... What's best to do? Be a little more patient or see things directly with you?
I already have the film, but I want to support you - and see the bonuses...
By the way, cheers again for the German Straw dogs DVD issue.
Jean-Gaspard Palenicek

IP Logged

Mike S.
Ex Member

Re: El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info!
Reply #2 - 08/01/09 at 5:35am

The topic here was locked, I couldn't update...

The release was postponed and delayed time and time again. With 270 minutes the thing is just too complicated for a one man company. Hours before the printing we discovered a hidden mistake in the master files for the menue and had to do it again. The problem these last weeks is checking the DVD's contents by watching it all over again and again. Dozens of hours.

I think we finally made it now and the DVD will be produced next week. 8 more days then and it is here with me or Amazon.de (for those who want to support me - order it from my website  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register )

Here's the cover (!! It is two-sided. Not the slipcase of course, but the inlay. The backside is without the ugly rating '12' box!!).
Some menues examples and the booklet cover (German text; the DVD's have an English menue and are in English language in their entitety).

« Last Edit: 08/05/09 at 5:13pm by Nate B. »  

IP Logged

Gorchboys

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 08/01/09 at 10:54am

Mike, I suspect some older fans, like myself, are technoimpaired. Whatever codefree and PAL mean is beyond me. Can I play the dvd on a regular US dvd player?

We deal in lead, friend.

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #4 - 08/02/09 at 4:38am

Codefree means you can play it worldwide on all DVD players.

Pal is a European TV norm which works due to technical reasons with 25 frames per second (in cinema 24 frames per second). But that's no greater problem for your player.

IP Logged

Gorchboys

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 08/02/09 at 8:51am

Thank you, Stanton.

Can't wait to get my copy.

We deal in lead, friend.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10