Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info! (Read 35541 times)
Sergej

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Re: El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info!
Reply #42 - 04/12/13 at 3:59am

Hi, Mike is it possible to acquire still  - The 576 page book "Passion & Poetry: Sam Peckinpah in Pictures"...
btw just bought the DVD from amazon it - with postage it came out under 19E - much cheaper than amazon DE
Also bought from spanish amazon Companeros Mortales - 2 DVD edition and Killer Elite - 2 DVD edition - still don't have blu ray player - and it is a shame that cross of iron and Major Dundee - wouldn't have DVD editions also - would like so much to replace my hen tooth edition of Cross of iron which is in 4:3 format Sad Major Dundee i have extended edition DVD and kino version from TV - so it'll pass somehow - but Cross of iron would rather like to have on 2 dvd SE edition

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #43 - 04/13/13 at 4:42am

Hi Sergej,
I'm afraid I have only 2 copies left. Amazon Germany always has market sellers offering some copies, 'hopefully some of them will ship outside of Germany (shipping is expensive, the book is heavy).

Sooner or later you will have blu-ray Smiley
I'm co-producing my 3rd Sam blu-ray and I don't have a blu-ray player yet ! (CROSS OF IRON was announced a 2-disc DVD in Germany, but they foolishly changed their mind and instead of all supplements included the boring 'sequel' BREAKTHROUGH)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Sergej

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #44 - 04/13/13 at 11:06am

mike bishop wrote on 04/13/13 at 4:42am:
Hi Sergej,
I'm afraid I have only 2 copies left. Amazon Germany always has market sellers offering some copies, 'hopefully some of them will ship outside of Germany (shipping is expensive, the book is heavy).

Sooner or later you will have blu-ray Smiley
I'm co-producing my 3rd Sam blu-ray and I don't have a blu-ray player yet ! (CROSS OF IRON was announced a 2-disc DVD in Germany, but they foolishly changed their mind and instead of all supplements included the boring 'sequel' BREAKTHROUGH)

thnx mike for your reply and even more for your work

IP Logged

Sergej

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #45 - 04/15/13 at 4:47am

I bought Cross of Iron BD after all - perhaps will do the same with Dundee - let them wait on my shelf for the time i actually acquire BD player

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #46 - 02/19/14 at 7:51pm

I purchased the Mike Siegel "Passion and Poetry" and it is essential.  A set I would never want to be without. Kudos to Mike!

BUT... it's always announced as All Region.  Mine is Region 2 ONLY.  (I have an international machine, but my other three Region A machines will NOT play it.)  Is something wrong with my copy?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #47 - 02/20/14 at 11:00am

Hi Robert,

welcome aboard!
I'm happy you liked PASSION & POETRY. With 'only 4 1/2 hours running time I could only cover a limited area regarding Sam's work. I try to widen that scope with the supplements I produce for DVD and Blu-ray releases. 10 hours so far Smiley ALFREDO GARCIA being next in line in March.
As for the region question, I'm puzzled. Can anybody confirm similar problems? Maybe yours has a problem, yes. Because it definetely IS Region 0 which translates as 'codefree'. The only comments I got regarding the DVD's German origin had been some buyers who's players could only play NTSC. And codefree or not, PAL it is of course. Strange nevertheless. Maybe your players do ONLY accept 'A' and nothing besides ?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10