Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info! (Read 35542 times)
Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Re: El Dorado Productions & 'Passion & Poetry' updated release info!
Reply #54 - 02/23/14 at 8:00pm

Other than memories of my father watching "The Rifleman", first run (not knowing anything about who created the show), I first became aware of Sam Peckinpah when I happened to turn on the TV in the middle of "Ride the High Country" on "Saturday Night at the Movies".  It had commercials, pan & scan (of course) and in black-and-white, and the final shoot-out completely blew me away.  At that time the networks would cut off the main titles and show them at the end, so I watched the credits after the film and saw the name "Sam Peckinpah."  For some reason, even though I hadn't seen the first half of the film, I remembered the name.

Several years later when my sister was in high school, she came home and said her class was reading Katharine Anne Porter's "Noon Wine" and they all had to watch it on TV that night as an assignment.  She and I sat mesmerized through the show.  But when I saw the credits, it had the name "Sam Peckinpah" as director.  "Hey," I said, "that's the same name I saw on that western film I had seen on TV!!!"

The rest is history.
« Last Edit: 02/23/14 at 8:02pm by Robert Blenheim »  

IP Logged

Richard W

a straight arrow

Arizona, mostly.
Reply #55 - 03/31/14 at 5:28pm

Perhaps Mike Siegel will seek an American publisher for a USA edition of the book?

In English?

"I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
Raymond Chandler, 1939.

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #56 - 04/01/14 at 5:41am

No, I don't have the connections nor the time to find an US publisher.

It would be a whole different book anyway - since 2003 my archive on Sam doubled and I'd choose at least 500 different photos Smiley.
It looks though like the Japanese are picking it up and I will make use then of those 'recent' additions to my archive.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #57 - 04/01/14 at 6:09am

Awesome news. Will the text be the same or modified? Any idea of a release date?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #58 - 04/01/14 at 6:18am

Well I only speak 8 Japanese words, so I won't really know what in the end will end up on the pages Smiley.
I will concentrate on delivering first class scarce images. The image quality and the lay-out in the German edition (a miracle I could do it anyway) isn't that great. It is not bad either, but I'm spoiled when it comes to photos. When I did the McQueen book two years ago they let me do the visuals 99% my way and quality-wise it shows I guess Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #59 - 08/24/16 at 8:38am

Passion and Poetry is out in Japan - and it looks beautiful!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10