Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Noon Wine (1966) (Read 19204 times)
stepeanut
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Re: Noon Wine (1966)
Reply #48 - 10/04/14 at 4:12am

I would like to add my voice to the chorus of praise for the Twilight Time BD of The Killer Elite.  To finally see Noon Wine in colour, after years of owning it in B&W, is a thrill indeed.

Word is that Nick Redman is trying to licence The Westerner for home video release.  That would be wonderful, if he can pull it off.

I'd also like to see Twilight Time release Junior Bonner on BD.  It's an MGM title, so within the bounds of possibility for TT.  The old, non-anamorphic DVD doesn't look so hot on large, widescreen TVs.

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #49 - 10/05/14 at 2:48pm

Oh yes, the complete Westerner including the pilot and maybe The Losers as bonus would be amazing.

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #50 - 10/05/14 at 6:22pm

stepeanut wrote on 10/04/14 at 4:12am:
Word is that Nick Redman is trying to licence The Westerner for home video release.  That would be wonderful, if he can pull it off.

I'd also like to see Twilight Time release Junior Bonner on BD.  It's an MGM title, so within the bounds of possibility for TT.  The old, non-anamorphic DVD doesn't look so hot on large, widescreen TVs.

Both "The Westerner" shows and "Junior Bonner" would be GREAT releases in Blu-ray!

Even better than "The Losers" is Peckinpah's "The Lady is My Wife".  I saw a copy of it recently (in acceptable but not great quality) and it seemed one of his best TV films.  Really great -- so let's hope Twilight Time gets their hands on that one as well!

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #51 - 10/06/14 at 4:25am

So far I only know several but not all Westerner episodes of his TV stuff. Jeff and The Hand on the Gun are surprisingly strong. Also some of the episodes directed by others are pretty good. Line Camp for example.

And Junior Bonner is the only Peckinpah movie I have not on DVD, cause the European DVD was only in shitty fullscreen. And if the US one is not anamorphic, then a Blu is overdue.
« Last Edit: 10/06/14 at 4:25am by Stanton »  

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #52 - 10/06/14 at 7:05pm

The Westerner would be fantastic! It is so superior in deapth, storytelling and technique to all the Western Tv shows of that time, yet a lot of those have already been issued...

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #53 - 10/07/14 at 8:43pm

stepeanut wrote on 10/04/14 at 4:12am:

I remember someone (maybe Mike S ?) saying the rights issues are really complicated with Junior Bonner for some reason.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10