Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Peckinpah DVDs (Read 12153 times)
Cineriz
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

UK
Re: Peckinpah DVDs
Reply #6 - 01/26/10 at 6:22am

Now........about ratios and running times...........all varying from 166:1 to 185:1 and 126 mins to 136mins! Is this alternative choice in running times because of the PAL and NTSC system differences?

IP Logged

JEFF1950

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #7 - 01/26/10 at 1:24pm

Gachade

I have a documentary on Warren Oates called 'Across the Border'  and another on Ben Johnson called 'Fourth Cowboy on the Left' both made by Tom thurman, i have them both on video.

Jeff

IP Logged

Mike S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/27/10 at 6:42am

THIRD Cowboy on the RIGHT Smiley

Aspect Ratio STEINER: we screened my 35mm print last saturday during a Peckinpah event. 1:1,66. That's the way the film was composed. Afterwards many mentioned how obvious it was that it was screened in the right format...

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #9 - 01/28/10 at 2:55pm

Cineriz wrote on 01/26/10 at 6:22am:
Now........about ratios and running times...........all varying from 166:1 to 185:1 and 126 mins to 136mins! Is this alternative choice in running times because of the PAL and NTSC system differences?

You have to add 4 % to the runtime of a Pal DVD. So the 126 min version would be 131 min on a NTSC disc or in a cinema.

128/133 min should be uncut. I have never heard of a 136 min version.

As for Convoy the German from Kinowelt is uncut, and was often called as the best release of this underrated gem.

IP Logged

The Dude

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #10 - 02/17/10 at 1:08pm

Gashade wrote on 01/24/10 at 3:56pm:
Does anyone have a good edition of China 9, Liberty 37?

It came out in Italy like a year ago, but since the company who released it (Hobby & Work in their "Spaghetti Western Collection") is kind of strange cause for some reason their DVDs are not available in most Italian online shops (they are actually sold, like many other DVD in Italy, at the newspaper stands, but even those don't have it always) and it's hard to find any concrete information about them.
But I heard that the master they used is pretty good. It doesn't have english audio either.
If I get a copy, I'll let you know.

Gashade wrote on 01/24/10 at 3:56pm:
I only have The Visitor on VHS...

Again, in Italy it came out on DVD a couple of months ago. I don't have it yet, but I heard the quality is pretty good and it has english audio too.
You can order it here
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Btw, last year we (the mag I write for) made a special issue on the director-producer Assonitis and he told some stories about Sam too. I can translate it if someone is interested.

As I wrote in another topic, I think we should open a topic for every single movie. Otherwise, in the end, we'll have just confusion.

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Peckinpah DVDs
Reply #11 - 02/17/10 at 7:05pm

Wow, great! I've just ordered the Stridulum DVD.
What's the name of the magazine? I read italian, so it wouldn't be a problem. I'd gladly check it out.
I thought there was an american edition of China 9, Liberty 37, with and audio commentary by Monte Hellman, but I may be wrong...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7