Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Peckinpah DVDs (Read 12359 times)
The Dude

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Re: Peckinpah DVDs
Reply #12 - 02/21/10 at 12:08pm

Gashade wrote on 02/17/10 at 7:05pm:
Wow, great! I've just ordered the Stridulum DVD.
What's the name of the magazine? I read italian, so it wouldn't be a problem. I'd gladly check it out.
I thought there was an american edition of China 9, Liberty 37, with and audio commentary by Monte Hellman, but I may be wrong...

The mag is called
Nocturno Cinema Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register is the Dossier on Assonitis

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #13 - 02/21/10 at 1:07pm

Thanks! I'm ordering it right now...

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #14 - 02/21/10 at 3:02pm

I have an uncut English version in 1,78:1 of China 9, but the picture quality is not good.

But there is an excellent English 2,35:1 version from a TV showing meanwhile circling around amongst Spaghetti Western fans.

I'm sure I will get a copy later this year.

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #15 - 03/01/10 at 2:15pm

Iīve just received the Nocturno dossier with the interview with Assonitis (very long and quite interesting). Itīs not very flattering for Peckinpah... But I guess all he says is true. Itīs quite similar to the experience Bozzachi had with him on China 9, Liberty 37...

IP Logged

Mike S.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/01/10 at 3:56pm

This here would be the place to post the Peckinpah-related content of this interview. Smiley

IP Logged

bloodychris

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Passion & Poetry DVD
Reply #17 - 03/02/10 at 6:29am

I wanted to print a retraction of sorts or at least an apology; a while back I had heard from someone that the 2 disc set was well, alright but not great. I threw that feedback out to guage a reaction and since no-one else commented I thought that was that, then.
This Sunday I was priviledged to see the whole thing and I was wowed by it. Well done, Mike. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Cheers,
Chris

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7