Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Peckinpah DVDs (Read 12361 times)
Novecento

Re: Peckinpah DVDs
Reply #24 - 02/06/16 at 1:57pm

Gashade wrote on 08/09/11 at 11:26pm:
Quote:
Fellini and Leone decided not to play in the scene...

But it seems that Leone came on set that day, as there is this photograph of him with Hellman, Peckinpah and cameraman Giuseppe Rotunno (who was a Fellini regular, and also worked with the likes of Visconti, Bob Fosse, Terry Gilliam, Dario Argento...):

Yes - I'm not sure how much faith I would put in the story about Leone and Fellini deciding not to provide cameos as a result of Peckinpah's antics. Leone was clearly uncomfortable about appearing in front of the camera. For Robert Hossein's "Cemetery without Crosses", he was apparently supposed to play a small cameo as a hotel clerk but then declined to do so (the role went to Cris Huerta). Instead he actually directed a scene (the dinner one) which is of course way more exciting to see than a cameo.

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #25 - 02/06/16 at 2:53pm

I was just in contact with Monte and he says Jerry Harvey had the idea to cast Sam. Considering Jerry (Z-Channel) 's love for Sam that makes total sense.
I love Italy but my experience with many of the people who worked in the 60s/70s is that they LOVE to take credit...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #26 - 02/07/16 at 4:06am

mike bishop wrote on 02/06/16 at 6:39am:
Forget about the BONNER DVD from Spain, guys. I made the mistake wasting my money. It IS anamorphic, but much worse than the 4:3 US DVD!

Ok, thanks for the warning.

What's wrong? Bad picture quality? A cut version?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #27 - 02/07/16 at 4:49am

BONNER Spanish DVD: Bad picture. Looks like a bootleg of the Pioneer WideScreen LaserDisc. Or something.  AVOID. Someday Disney will release the film or license the rights for a reasonable price. Hopefully.

CHINA 9: Monte just told me that Leone wasn't there to discuss a possible cameo, he was there just for a visit. The "boot" event during breakfast took place, but neither Fellini nor Leone were present!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #28 - 02/07/16 at 10:49am

mike bishop wrote on 02/07/16 at 4:49am:
CHINA 9: Monte just told me that Leone wasn't there to discuss a possible cameo, he was there just for a visit. The "boot" event during breakfast took place, but neither Fellini nor Leone were present!

Great info. Thanks!

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #29 - 02/07/16 at 11:38am

Gashade wrote on 02/07/16 at 10:49am:
Great info. Thanks!

Yes - this is the sort of info that makes these forums really worthwhile. Thanks Mike.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7