Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Peckinpah books (Read 39842 times)
Gashade

Paris, France
Re: Peckinpah books
Reply #48 - 08/08/14 at 9:08pm

The stills in it are amazing! I'm quite glad I bought when it first came out.
I thought it deserved a better paper than the one chosen by the editor. Not that the reproduction would be bad by any means - just that if you manage to get it out again on a slightly better paper, I'll seriously consider buying it again whatever the price...

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #49 - 08/09/14 at 8:29am

Robert Blenheim wrote on 08/08/14 at 7:18pm:
I believe it.   And, Jeff, your book is the only major book on Peckinpah I don't have in my large collection.  (And I also have virtually all minor ones.)

English language only?

I'd love to hear people's recommendations for the best non-English publications

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #50 - 08/09/14 at 2:45pm

Quote:
English language only?
I'd love to hear people's recommendations for the best non-English publications

To me, Francois Causse's "Sam Peckinpah" is a very good way to go. "Il ritmo della violenza" edited by Franco La Polla is pretty good too (it's a collection of essays - not necessarily for someone who doesn't know Peckinpah). Gerard Camy's book was not bad, as far as I can remember. I don't read German too well, but Mike's book "Passion and poetry" has great stills. I don't read Spanish too well either, so I can't really comment on the books in Spanish. And the book by Hudec, in Czech, wasn't bad but I tend to disagree with his faithfulness to what Peckinpah may have said about his own work (in the Playboy interview for instance etc.).
Anyway most (if not almost all) of them are listed earlier in this topic.
« Last Edit: 08/10/14 at 4:37pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #51 - 08/11/14 at 4:01am

I took some reference pictures of most of my Sam-books, minus all the books on the actors, on McQueen alone I have 30 books..
Maybe you find one or two you haven't seen before...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #52 - 08/11/14 at 9:35pm

JEFF1950 wrote on 08/08/14 at 8:13pm:
Well Robert. I'll have to make your collection complete then.

Yes, you do!    I can't wait to read it.

By the way, my favorite book on Sam's films is Paul Seydor's.  It is impeccably written by a man who knows the English language as much as he knows Peckinpah's cinema.

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #53 - 08/11/14 at 9:38pm

mike bishop wrote on 08/11/14 at 4:01am:
I took some reference pictures of most of my Sam-books, minus all the books on the actors, on McQueen alone I have 30 books..
Maybe you find one or two you haven't seen before...

I have virtually all the English language books on Peckinpah shown (and Mike's great German tome!), but not most of the 'novelizations'. 
« Last Edit: 08/11/14 at 9:39pm by Robert Blenheim »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15