Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Peckinpah books (Read 38748 times)
Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Re: Peckinpah books
Reply #54 - 08/12/14 at 4:47pm

mike bishop wrote on 08/11/14 at 4:01am:
I took some reference pictures of most of my Sam-books, minus all the books on the actors, on McQueen alone I have 30 books..
Maybe you find one or two you haven't seen before...

Mike, that is just a great, great set of photos to see!!!

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Reply #55 - 08/12/14 at 4:48pm

Robert Blenheim wrote on 08/11/14 at 9:35pm:
JEFF1950 wrote on 08/08/14 at 8:13pm:
Well Robert. I'll have to make your collection complete then.

Yes, you do!    I can't wait to read it.

Ditto!!

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #56 - 08/12/14 at 8:52pm

Gashade wrote on 08/09/14 at 2:45pm:
To me, Francois Causse's "Sam Peckinpah" is a very good way to go...

I might check this one out. However I'll probably wait until later in the year when Hossein's "Toi le venin" is released on BD so I can save on shipping from amazon.fr

mike bishop wrote on 08/11/14 at 4:01am:
I took some reference pictures of most of my Sam-books, minus all the books on the actors, on McQueen alone I have 30 books..
Maybe you find one or two you haven't seen before...

Thanks! Out of curiosity, what inspired you to buy the Japanese translation of Max Evans' "Master of Violence"?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #57 - 08/13/14 at 3:37am

I didn't buy it. It was shipped to me by the guy who wants to release
some of my films (and maybe my updated book) in Japan.
He's a great guy, used to ran a company named CABLE HOGUE Co Ltd.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Glory Guy
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #58 - 08/14/14 at 5:57pm

Hi,

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but there is a new Peckinpah book coming out in October by Robert Nott, as dictated to him by noted New Mexico based author, Max Evans. 

This book will be about Evans' experiences as Sam's friend over the years and is quite lively and informative.

Here is a link to UNM Press w/ more information.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #59 - 08/14/14 at 10:47pm

mike bishop wrote on 08/13/14 at 3:37am:
I didn't buy it. It was shipped to me by the guy who wants to release
some of my films (and maybe my updated book) in Japan.
He's a great guy, used to ran a company named CABLE HOGUE Co Ltd.

Is this the same company that was mentioned a while back on a separate thread here?

Glory Guy wrote on 08/14/14 at 5:57pm:
Hi,

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but there is a new Peckinpah book coming out in October by Robert Nott, as dictated to him by noted New Mexico based author, Max Evans. 

This book will be about Evans' experiences as Sam's friend over the years and is quite lively and informative.

Here is a link to UNM Press w/ more information.

Thanks for posting. Yes, I believe that's the same book Jeff mentioned a few pages back on this thread.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15