Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Peckinpah books (Read 35504 times)
Gashade

Paris, France
Re: Peckinpah books
Reply #6 - 03/17/10 at 10:39pm

I've just checked - Super Bull actually only contains one text about Peckinpah. Hi Lo to Hollywood contains the same text, but contains various other texts with stories about Peckinpah.
« Last Edit: 02/06/11 at 8:05pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

Mike S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/18/10 at 6:41am

Very good work with that list!
There are two or three I don't have (yet Smiley).

I'll soon find the time to check my archive and
see what I'll find.

For ex. there is

JUMP CUT! Memoirs a pioneer television editor
by Arthur Schneider (USA 1997)
(he did NOON WINE with Sam, 1 - 2 pages)

BOB PECKINPAH's GOOD COOKING & HAIR RAISIN' STORIES
(Fresno 1999, recepies & stories. Nothing on Sam as I recall,
but great family pictures of the early days of the Peckinpahs)

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #8 - 05/04/10 at 11:31am

Two more titles :
Ernest Borgnine's autobiography, with various titles : My Autobiography, Call me Ernie - and the best one : I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to keep my nuts warm.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

And a book that just came out : C. Courtney Joyner, The Westerners - Interviews with actors, directors, writers and producers, McFarland and Co, Inc - with an interview with Warren Oates.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: 02/06/11 at 8:02pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

The Dude

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #9 - 05/09/10 at 10:19am

Gashade wrote on 05/04/10 at 11:31am:
Two more titles :
Ernest Borgnine's autobiography, with various titles : My Autobiography, Call me Ernie - and the best one : I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to keep my nuts warm.

The last one is one of the greatest titles i've ever heard. Genius.  Grin

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #10 - 06/12/10 at 6:17pm

I've just come back from Prague where I've discovered a new book that newly came out in Czech: Sam Peckinpah a jeho filmy (Sam Peckinpah and his films) by Zdenek Hudec, Casablanca editions, 2010.

I haven't finished it yet but it is a rather interesting analysis of the themes present in Peckinpah's films. Strangely, Hudec seems to have a liking in Ardrey's works and links some of Peckinpah's films or themes to them. Photos are only in black and white, but always nicely chosen to better explain the point of the analysis.

Jan Triska, a Czech actor who was a big star in Czechoslovakia in the sixties (he has then emigrated to the USA, before coming back to Czech republic after the fall of communism), appears in The Osterman Weekend : he plays the "Russian agent" Tanner is led to beleive his friends are in contact with. He also appears as one of Fassett's henchmen by the pool.
I've always thought it would be interesting (although probably mostly for Czech fans only) to do an interview with him about his experience on this film but never got round to do it.
Apparently, Hudec has contacted him and Triska has sent him a letter which I am translating here:

Dear Mr Hudec,
Sam Peckinpah was (and of course is to this day) legendary in Hollywood: a very colourful figure. During the shooting of The Osterman Weekend, I have witnessed him battle with two strong producers - (with whom I have worked again several times afterwards) who in the end took the right of the final cut from him. I loved Sam and admired him. I think even he found a liking in me. I have surprised myself several times staring at him, feeling as though he reminded me of someone. Someone I had known well but who was not among us anymore...
To my amazement and consternation, I've then found out Sam Peckinpah was reminding me of - my own deceased father.
A very strange feeling...
I wish you the best of luck.
Jan Triska, 20.8.2007
« Last Edit: 02/10/11 at 10:20pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Peckinpah books
Reply #11 - 07/14/10 at 1:23am

Two titles I've forgotten, indirectly linked to Sam:
Ali McGraw's autobiography entitled Moving Pictures (with very few information about Sam), and Kris Kristofferson's biography by Stephen Miller, entitled Kristofferson - The Wild American.

« Last Edit: 02/06/11 at 8:04pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15