Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Peckinpah books (Read 34701 times)
Novecento

Re: Peckinpah books
Reply #72 - 11/10/14 at 9:57pm

Yes I have a feeling that happens quite often. If I remember correctly, Frayling mentioned he had to cut his Leone biography down significantly (and it's still huge and very detailed).

Looking forward to reading this now

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #73 - 12/06/14 at 8:22pm

Novecento wrote on 09/11/14 at 9:57pm:
The cover for the new Paul Seydor book on PG&BTK has been uploaded...

Twilight Time just posted this on their Facebook page:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #74 - 12/07/14 at 5:54am

Maybe this book will help to originate further work on the film for a future Blu Ray release.

Btw, I just re-read a 1974 interview from the Criterion disc of Straw Dogs, in which Peckinpah says that PG&BtK "is really not mine anymore, but in the midst of all activities, I am busy re-editing it. It will soon be re-distributed in a version whose final editing I will have assumed."

I wish that really had happened, that there is his version somewhere in the vaults of MGM, which time had forgot about.

He should have done that (and re-edit Major Dundee) instead of shooting The Killer Elite.

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #75 - 09/10/15 at 6:55pm

Just for the sake of completness, here's a brief mention of the book edited by Fernando Ganzo for the Locarno/Paris 2015 retrospectives.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #76 - 10/31/15 at 1:43pm

JEFF1950 wrote on 08/07/14 at 6:28pm:
Hi you guy's.  Sean & Novecento

Any news about a new edition of your book, Jeff?

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #77 - 10/31/15 at 1:44pm

Gashade wrote on 03/23/14 at 6:22pm:
This is quite subjective but, as I fell in love with Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia immediately, those passages where the author is describing how he gradually came to like the film were a bit disappointing to me. I fell there's more to be said about it than what the book offers - for instance on how it's best viewed on several levels (literal, metaphorical, absurd, existential...).
I'd love to hear Monte Hellman talk about the film as its feels to me like Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia is, on a more visceral level, Peckinpah's film that most resembles Hellman's sensibility.
But on the other hand, it's such an unusual film with moments that can so easily repulse many people that I'm quite glad that there's at least this one book dedicated only to it...

Anyone feels, like me, that Alfredo Garcia is Peckinpah's most Bunuel-like film?
« Last Edit: 10/31/15 at 1:45pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15