Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
WILD BUNCH hacienda will be restored !! (Read 2184 times)
Mike S.
Ex Member

WILD BUNCH hacienda will be restored !!
03/27/10 at 6:52pm

Today I got some news from Rolly. People who have the PASSION & POETRY DVD - set know him from the MAPACHE TERRITORY featurette. He found the hacienda for me years ago and helped me with the shooting there. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Now he wrote me this:

Here's a little update on things at the hacienda.

Charles Preece came from the UK to visit the Wild Bunch sites this week.  Since I am no longer up to making the trip, my buddy Enrique was his guide and photographer.

The big news is that the owner has decided to restore the hacienda to make it into a tourist attraction.  Here are a couple of pictures to show some of what has been done thus far.  The foreman on the job told Enrique that the project would take four or five more years to complete.There is now a locked gate to limit access to the site.  The foreman came to the gate and let Charles and Enrique come in to take pictures and poke around.

The foreman told Enrique that he should take a different way back to the highway because the regular road has become very dangerous due to activity by the Los Zetas drug gang.  A few days ago there was a major shoot-out nearby between the Zetas and the army with a large number of men killed.

Rolly

Some news, eh?

A couple of pictures showing how the location looked 6 years ago and how it looks now:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

bloodychris

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Re: WILD BUNCH hacienda will be restored !!
Reply #1 - 04/06/10 at 5:48am

Quote:
Today I got some news from Rolly. People who have the PASSION & POETRY DVD - set know him from the MAPACHE TERRITORY featurette. He found the hacienda for me years ago and helped me with the shooting there. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Now he wrote me this:

Here's a little update on things at the hacienda.

Charles Preece came from the UK to visit the Wild Bunch sites this week.  Since I am no longer up to making the trip, my buddy Enrique was his guide and photographer.

The big news is that the owner has decided to restore the hacienda to make it into a tourist attraction.  Here are a couple of pictures to show some of what has been done thus far.  The foreman on the job told Enrique that the project would take four or five more years to complete.There is now a locked gate to limit access to the site.  The foreman came to the gate and let Charles and Enrique come in to take pictures and poke around.

The foreman told Enrique that he should take a different way back to the highway because the regular road has become very dangerous due to activity by the Los Zetas drug gang.  A few days ago there was a major shoot-out nearby between the Zetas and the army with a large number of men killed.

Rolly

Some news, eh?

A couple of pictures showing how the location looked 6 years ago and how it looks now:

pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1612/7186524/17740665/367857183.jpgpic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1612/7186524/17740665/384872452.jpgpic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1612/7186524/17740665/367857186.jpgpic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1612/7186524/17740665/384872449.jpg

The Spa, the nail salon, a cosy little coffee shop,(Give 'em latte,Pike!) the gift and mimento boutique...I can see it all now.

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #2 - 01/16/15 at 2:58pm

I'm sad to see that. They lost the story of this place  Cry

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

JEFF1950

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #3 - 01/16/15 at 6:09pm

I would love to go to the location, but I think I'd rather have seen it in its original state. I'm pleased that someone is taking care of it, but it could loose a lot of its character doing so.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1