Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Short Convoy interview with Peckinpah (Read 11553 times)
Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Short Convoy interview with Peckinpah
01/13/12 at 1:29am

I found this when wandering the web looking for Peckinpah related material. It is a short interview with Sam predominately about Convoy. The interview is a bit under 9 minutes and I'm not sure when it was made (1979 maybe?) I always hope more stuff like this will turn up. I love watching interviews with Sam where he just gets to talk for a bit. It is from a German site (I think) and can be seen here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Anders L
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Norway
Re: Short Convoy interview with Peckinpah
Reply #1 - 01/15/12 at 7:23am

Im looking forward to hear the interview Smiley

MSN  
IP Logged

The Dude

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #2 - 02/20/12 at 7:47am

Nice one Nate! That's from Arte, which is french-german tv channel (pretty good one, at least back in the 90ies).

So, who would love to see Sam's Cut of the flick?  Grin
« Last Edit: 02/20/12 at 7:48am by The Dude »  

IP Logged

Anders L
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Norway
Reply #3 - 03/20/12 at 6:52am

It have been cool to see Peckinpahs cut for the movie Smiley
When I have seen all the behind the scenes shot and stills from deleted scenes from the movie, my guess is that the movie would have been a lot different then the movie we know to day, if someone had read the novel Convoy of B.W.L.Norton, you know what i mean, and a lot of the photos i got from mike, tells that the movie is more or less filmed after the book.
But far as i know and have heard, the script was rewrited many times by director and actors.
Wonder if the scenes that are deleted is someplace?  Huh

MSN  
IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #4 - 03/20/12 at 3:39pm

The Dude wrote on 02/20/12 at 7:47am:
Nice one Nate! That's from Arte, which is french-german tv channel (pretty good one, at least back in the 90ies).

So, who would love to see Sam's Cut of the flick?  Grin

Well of course his version would have been better. Garner Simmons told me he saw it, or big parts of it, and while it wasn't one of his best films, it must have had much more substance than the EMI release print. But I always liked it - it was my first Peckinpah in the summer of 1978. In Germany it was RATED 16 and was happy I sneaked in - barely 11 but looking like an 8-year old..

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Reply #5 - 03/21/12 at 5:29pm

It is such a shame that Sam Peckinpah's print can't somehow turn up. It may be one of his lesser films but I am always interested in seeing Peckinpah's versions.

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4