Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Short Convoy interview with Peckinpah (Read 11552 times)
fbogris
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

greece
Re: Short Convoy interview with Peckinpah
Reply #6 - 03/28/12 at 10:20pm

this is my first post here so hello all! I love convoy despite its weaknesses because it's the film I grew up watching. Hoping to see peckinpah's cut some day. maybe when the bluray comes out? that would be just awesome...
this is a great interview. would love to see more video interviews of the man. and more on convoy of course  Smiley

IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Reply #7 - 03/30/12 at 4:08pm

Welcome to to the forum! I would love to see his cut (or some form of it) turn up some day. I'm not holding my breath but it doesn't hurt to hope! I'm always looking for more interviews with Peckinpah, I would love to get my hands on some of his talk show appearances to post or link too.

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #8 - 03/31/12 at 4:06pm

fbogris wrote on 03/28/12 at 10:20pm:
this is my first post here so hello all! I love convoy despite its weaknesses because it's the film I grew up watching. Hoping to see peckinpah's cut some day. maybe when the bluray comes out? that would be just awesome...
this is a great interview. would love to see more video interviews of the man. and more on convoy of course  Smiley

Same with me. For me it was the hit of 1978, next to STAR WARS (I was eleven then). I love roadmovies, and this is one of the best. I think the hard work that was put into the film paid off, thanks to the great action, multiple camera angles etc. it is still fresh. One has to judge this film separately from Peckinpah's other films I think. I was a bit like Clint doing EVERY WHICH WAY in 1978, nobody took it seriousely (but people loved it - at the box office. CONVOY is Sam's most successful film, moneywise.).
You might enjoy my PASSION & POETRY DVD. Kris, Ali & Ernie are in it Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #9 - 11/03/13 at 2:30pm

I love how Sam says "Smokey and the Bear" for "Smokey and the Bandit" and confuses Graeme Clifford with Graham Greene  Grin

IP Logged

The Dude

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #10 - 11/16/13 at 10:02am

He probably thought of BJ and the Bear!  Grin

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #11 - 03/19/15 at 6:08pm

Have you ever seen, in the end credits, the strange name of one character ? He's named "Deke Thornton". And for me, "Convoy" is really a new version of the Wild bunch...

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4