Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
blu-ray THE KILLER ELITE - another Passion & Poetry entry (Read 14773 times)
Novecento

Re: blu-ray THE KILLER ELITE - another Passion & Poetry entry
Reply #12 - 02/19/13 at 7:52pm

Blu-ray.

I can remove the subs on both versions. Weird that the DVD isn't the same?

IP Logged

Sean Mallory

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #13 - 03/15/13 at 10:16am

I bought it on DVD, I confirm non-removable subtitles (not a problem for me, my english is not great and my french, however, very good).
I have to check, but I think the "director's cut" is the italian cut...
The documentary is truly exceptional. Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #14 - 03/17/13 at 8:14am

Sean Mallory wrote on 03/15/13 at 10:16am:
I bought it on DVD, I confirm non-removable subtitles (not a problem for me, my english is not great and my french, however, very good)

It's weird that they treated the BD and the DVD differently regarding subtitles. As I mentioned before the BD definitely allows removal on both versions:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

How so?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #15 - 03/17/13 at 4:43pm

Well I went back to my DVD, and the subtitles are removeable. That is, with both feature versions - not the supplements (it should have been the other way around). Could be you have to forward the film, remove the subtitles, and then go back to the start...

IP Logged

Sean Mallory

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #16 - 03/21/13 at 7:23am

Novecento wrote on 03/17/13 at 8:14am:

How so?

The "Director's Cut" seems the normal 122’ MGM's cut (so is the French theatrical version to been cut) and – I suppose – the Italian theatrical version (but I have to check, because "Cross of Iron", for example, in Italy was cut than the American version).
I will check also if the subtitles are removable in the way that Mike said…

IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Reply #17 - 03/31/13 at 4:53pm

Finally got my copy. Great job Mike as always! It's nice to see one of Peckinpah's later films get a good transfer. I really hope more start to pop up on Blu-ray in more regions. I realize this won't help many but I play Blu-rays through a computer and for me the subtitles were on by default but could be turned off with no problem.

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7