Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
blu-ray THE KILLER ELITE - another Passion & Poetry entry (Read 14770 times)
Gashade

Paris, France
Re: blu-ray THE KILLER ELITE - another Passion & Poetry entry
Reply #24 - 04/18/13 at 4:47pm

I guess I'm going to have to rewatch The Killer Elite as, obviously, it seems I have mised a lot if someone can see something like this in it...
« Last Edit: 04/18/13 at 4:47pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #25 - 04/19/13 at 5:07am

I always liked it. Mostly because of the combination Caan-Young-Hopkins. Especially Burt Young. And the beautiful San Francisco location photography really comes across on the wonderful new master.
It also has one of the worst bloopers in Sam's films (apart from the usual car problems, the damage on the yellow cab changes all the time): When night falls in Duvall phones during daylight while at the same time (few miles away) it is dark night.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #26 - 04/19/13 at 6:02pm

I would love to see the ending with Hopkins coming back to life and the three friends sailing off laughing. Why was such an ending possible in Freebie and the Bean (with Alan Arkin reappearing after his death to joke around with James Caan) just one year earlier, and not in The Killer Elite is beyond me.

IP Logged

The Dude

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #27 - 04/20/13 at 10:00am

I Love Freebie & the Bean!!!

IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Reply #28 - 04/25/13 at 12:54pm

The Dude wrote on 04/20/13 at 10:00am:
I Love Freebie & the Bean!!!

Seriously, a great movie! Always wanted a special edition.... Never gonna happen but at least it is out in widescreen on DVD. Would love a Blu-ray of it... Wishful thinking at this point but hopefully someday.

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #29 - 05/03/13 at 9:19am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7