Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cinema Retro (Read 7915 times)
Novecento

Re: Cinema Retro
Reply #12 - 05/21/14 at 11:09pm

Thanks for sharing - I thought it was an interview with Caan, but that reads more like a short article  Huh

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #13 - 05/22/14 at 6:25pm

This is just a short extract of rather long and quite interesting three part conversation with Caan. Not an interview in the sense of questions and answers, but more like an article describing the encounter the author had with Caan, quoting him for the most interesting things he told him.
« Last Edit: 05/22/14 at 6:25pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #14 - 06/23/14 at 6:08pm

Did anyone else pick up a copy of the most recent issue?

In addition to Mike's short PG&BTK article, a highlight for me was the extensive interview with Friedkin on "Sorcerer" to coincide with the new North American BD. It's crazy how all that alternative footage that made itself into the European cut (while chopping out and re-ordering other stuff in the original cut) was never sanctioned by Friedkin, yet somehow editors/producers/distributors saw fit to include it. I've never seen the European version (and according to the interview, neither has Friedkin and nor does he care to), but there must be an interesting back story to this one... much like a Peckinpah film really  Smiley

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #15 - 06/23/14 at 7:23pm

Yeah, it's a fantastic film.
Oh, and it has also been written by Walon Green...

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #16 - 06/23/14 at 7:25pm

Quote:
Did anyone else pick up a copy of the most recent issue?

I have it.  It's great!   I wish the article by Mike Siegel were longer (it's good, though), but with the Friedkin-Sorcerer, Great Escape, Nancy Kwan and Wicker Man articles added, it's a worthwhile purchase.  (And, ahem, I can't get that photo of Ingrid Pitt out of my head!)

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #17 - 06/24/14 at 6:00am

SORCERER: One of my favorites. I made a 'fan cut' years ago, 132 minutes, incl. the European extra footage (I only had German dubbed). It includes a great scene taken from Clouzot's film: Rabal wants to slow down on a bumpy road, Scheider wants to speed up...

A friend of mine told Friedkin about my extended cut and he seemed interested. Beyond that, I don't know. The US cut was his Director's Cut so I suppose he just didn't care and of course the 90 min. version is a bit painful to watch knowing what is missing, although it has some elegant dissolves and use of TANGERNIE's music. I can't get enough of the film, we'd need the European cut as HD then we could make our HD 'fan cut' Smiley

My article was supposed just to announce the GARCIA Blu-ray, I extended it slightly thanks to Lee & Dave giving it more space. It wasn't meant as a 'real' piece about the film. Maybe one day another Peckinpah 10-page Film in Focus Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6