Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Cinema Retro (Read 7820 times)
Novecento

Re: Cinema Retro
Reply #18 - 06/25/14 at 8:08pm

mike bishop wrote on 06/24/14 at 6:00am:
SORCERER: One of my favorites. I made a 'fan cut' years ago, 132 minutes, incl. the European extra footage (I only had German dubbed). It includes a great scene taken from Clouzot's film: Rabal wants to slow down on a bumpy road, Scheider wants to speed up...

Comparison of cuts:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #19 - 06/26/14 at 4:02pm

Thanks for rescuing me...

I was asked quite a few times to compare those versions and list all the details.. I'd never find the time. It is great somebody did it, it was worth the effort and everybody can dive into it now,,

Maybe someone will do it with PAT GARRETT Smiley.
Not me, but I just got a DVD of the (German) theatrical version. not 16:9 but at least letterbox !!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #20 - 06/26/14 at 4:19pm

Let me know, Mike, what the difference is between the German theatrical PG&BTK and the versions here.   And, by the way, thanks for the Alfredo Garcia article.  Yeah, it was short but excellent.

Bob

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #21 - 07/22/14 at 8:05pm

Interesting article here on the Cinema Retro about ABC's venture into feature films. Mentions Junior Bonner and Straw Dogs (not mentioned but also broadly of note is that Noon Wine was an ABC vehicle, albeit TV)

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #22 - 07/23/14 at 6:01am

It states that Peckinpah 'redeemed BONNER's losses with STRAW DOGS (1973)'. ??
Those winners/losers informations are never really certified. You never know where the box-office dollars end up. BONNER was a flop, sure. But whether in the end it made back its 3.4 million budget nobody knows really.

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #23 - 07/23/14 at 2:57pm

They mean The Getaway probably.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6