Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
2 video interviews with Sam from 1976 and early 1980s (Read 6860 times)
Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
2 video interviews with Sam from 1976 and early 1980s
09/06/13 at 5:56pm

I love getting to see Sam Peckinpah interviewed and really hope more interviews continue to pop up online. From time to time I check around to see if anything has been posted and today I saw two interviews that have been put up on Youtube. Check them out while you can! I don't know if you guys love seeing stuff like this as much as I do but on the off chance you do, here you go:
      The first is said to be from 12 01 1976 and is just over 20 minutes long. It was after the release of Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, before the release of Cross of Iron, and Sam mentions working next on Convoy. I'm pretty sure audio from the interview has been sampled in documentaries and it is nice to see the whole thing. I don't know anything about the program it is from but it is notable that it appears to be uncensored:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
      The second is from the early 1980s and is Sam Peckinpah and Nick Baynon being interviewed by Dennis Hunt. This one is a bit unusual, looks like maybe a public access show, taking place by a World Series of Poker event. Still, the interviewer is respectful and it is neat to see an interview with Sam, late in his life. He talks about The Osterman Weekend having been recut and working on a new western among other things (like poker.)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Like I say, watch 'em while you can and lets hope more pop up online!  Smiley

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Novecento

Re: 2 video interviews with Sam from 1976 and early 1980s
Reply #1 - 09/06/13 at 11:03pm

I actually posted that first one back in January under the topic "Sam Peckinpah Interview with Barry Norman (December 1976)". Great interview!

IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Reply #2 - 09/07/13 at 12:55pm

So you did! I totally forgot about it and you mentioned the interviewer's name was Barry Norman! Thanks for posting it originally, sorry I'm a chucklehead.  Grin

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

The Dude

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Italy
Reply #3 - 09/18/13 at 10:48am

great stuff  Smiley too bad i can't see the on with Barry Norman Cry
« Last Edit: 09/18/13 at 10:54am by The Dude »  

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #4 - 09/18/13 at 6:08pm

Yeah, me neither. Apparently Studio Canal seems to block its viewing in (parts of?) Europe due to rights issues...

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #5 - 05/11/16 at 3:53pm

Here's the text from his October 1972 Rolling Stone interview (I don't believe this one was included in the book of collected interviews with Peckinpah):

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2