Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
The Osterman Weekend - Sam's First Cut (Read 7948 times)
Novecento

Re: The Osterman Weekend - Sam's First Cut
Reply #6 - 03/22/14 at 3:11pm

I prefer to think Peckinpah was just trying something new with the intro that unfortunately did not really work (films like The Ballad of Cable Hogue, The Getaway or Junior Bonner are ones where it did work).

In any case, the intro and ending are minor issues. My main quibble is with the long sequence introducing the characters which was effectively ruined in the theatrical cut.

Robert Blenheim wrote on 03/22/14 at 11:49am:
(By the way, how do you put boxes around what you're commenting on?  I'm not the computer person to know this!)

Hit the quote button on the top right of the posting you want to quote. Then just delete any irrelevant parts. If you want to use multiple boxes just copy and paste the [quote author..] and [/quote] boxes around the specific sections.

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #7 - 03/23/14 at 9:15am

[/quote]
Hit the quote button on the top right of the posting you want to quote. Then just delete any irrelevant parts. If you want to use multiple boxes just copy and paste the [quote author..] and [/quote] boxes around the specific sections.
[/quote]

OOPS!   I STILL don't get it!!!!

« Last Edit: 03/23/14 at 9:18am by Robert Blenheim »  

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #8 - 03/23/14 at 9:20am

Novecento wrote on 03/22/14 at 3:11pm:
Hit the quote button on the top right of the posting you want to quote. Then just delete any irrelevant parts. If you want to use multiple boxes just copy and paste the ...  boxes around the specific sections.

Thanks, Novecento!

IP Logged

Stanton

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #9 - 03/23/14 at 9:42am

Robert Blenheim wrote on 03/23/14 at 9:15am:

OOPS!   I STILL don't get it!!!!

Just delete the / in the [/quote] at the beginning of the quoted part.

You use [quote] at the beginning without the slash and with the slash at the end.

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #10 - 03/23/14 at 10:44am

There is a "Quote" button on the right of each contribution to the forum. Once you click on it, you can also copy the code it's offering you and paste it into a larger text.

Personnaly, Peckinpah's blurred surveilance camera opening is less sleasy to me and makes more sense given the film's theme...

IP Logged

Robert Blenheim

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reply #11 - 03/23/14 at 8:10pm

Gashade wrote on 03/23/14 at 10:44am:
Personnaly, Peckinpah's blurred surveilance camera opening is less sleasy to me and makes more sense given the film's theme...

Respectfully, I think justifying the scene and its pretentious unwatchability by connecting it to any theme is pushing it.  It would be like saying a director who's nihilistic could justify putting the camera on the floor for two hours and not even point it at anything.

It seems obvious to me that this scene in 'Peckinpah's cut' (I question if it really is a serious cut!) is something Peckinpah did to screw with his critics and producers (and maybe his audiences) knowing full well it could never be shown that way. (And I don't think it ever could.)

PS: Thanks so much, Gashade!  I think I get it now, about the quote boxes!
« Last Edit: 03/26/14 at 10:06am by Robert Blenheim »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4