Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
PENDECHOS! Crowdfunding Project / restoring my first feature film (Read 7145 times)
mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Re: PENDECHOS! Crowdfunding Project / restoring my first feature film
Reply #12 - 01/16/15 at 4:51am

Enchante!
How about my favorite German poster for my favorite French film Smiley.
Il y a une femme aussi, mais Bebel est le numero 1 dans cette film Smiley.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #13 - 01/16/15 at 2:29pm

Yes !! Pierrot le Fou !  Wink
Good choice !  Smiley
What a great film. The end is... explosive...
I'm very impressed by your collection, it's totally incredible !!  Shocked
One of my favorite director is a German, Werner Herzog  Wink
And I discovered Peckinpah with "The wild Bunch" when I was younger, I was student in a School of Art, and I was... really shocked, horrified ! I cried at the end, really ! I was too young and I needed lot of time to see it again... And one day, I saw it again. And I said : "Oh my God ! It's a Masterpiece !"  Shocked So I was shocked again, but in the right way !  Grin And I wanted to see all Peckinpah's films...

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #14 - 10/06/15 at 5:55am

Here's a short restoration comparison video. After 200 hrs of work the sound effects track is almost finished. My decision to make the film in Super 16mm (with a self-modified 1970 Bolex camera) really pays off now, it looks better than some vintage 35mm films.

QUALITÄTSVERGLEICH, PENDECHOS! 1999 und 2015 Smiley

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #15 - 10/10/15 at 7:51pm

Wow - big difference. Amazing how back in the day VHS didn't seem to look so bad...

By the way, what is the benefit to the shooter of holding a pistol sideways or is it just a film thing?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #16 - 10/11/15 at 4:35pm

Well that reference shows a 2nd or 3rd generation copy, the BetaCam master of course looked better back in 1997 of - but not nearly as good as the HD scan now of course. The final result should look like your common 'classic' Blu-ray these days since my HD scan comes directly from the Super 16 CAMERA negative while vintage 35mm films already lost a generation from camera negative to first cut negative.

The 'sideways' shooting became a bad cliche in the late 90s and beyond. I let them sometimes do it in the film, a mistake Smiley.  Hopefully it was so long ago people don't even remember Smiley. It was sort invented in 90s independent gangster cinema purely because it sort of looked cool. But you don't shoot like that in reality of course. Don't try it, I did...

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #17 - 11/03/15 at 2:04pm

Noch ein Video zum Film , diesmal ein kurzer Mariachi Music-Clip:

A short music trailer for PENDECHOS! Welcoming on the team the wonderful Mariachi-band SOL AZTECA from Munich & Mexico. Stay tuned for more news regarding the steadily evolving PENDECHOS! soundtrack...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5