Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
PENDECHOS! Crowdfunding Project / restoring my first feature film (Read 7278 times)
mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
PENDECHOS! Crowdfunding Project / restoring my first feature film
11/06/14 at 6:28am

Dear friends and fellow film fans,

I just started a crowdfunding project to help restore and release my 1999 feature film PENDECHOS! (former title: ROADRUNNER).
This gangster - roadmovie was shot on Super-16mm and was the very first project I ever did, therefore it is very dear to my heart. It was inspired by a meeting with US filmmaker Robert Rodriguez who had told me how he had produced his EL MARIACHI for some $7,000.-. We did it then and it was a great adventure. Everything I learned I used shortly afterwards for my Sam Peckinpah-film PASSION & POETRY – THE BALLAD OF SAM PECKINPAH.

Like EL MARIACHI I shot PENDECHOS! on film and edited on video, therefore I have to go back and transfer the complete 6 hour film negative for a new cut (HD quality). I will use the opportunity to use whatvever I have learned since then and will give the film a new narrative, new sound, a new look etc. etc.
But this is way beyond my possibilities regarding financing, hence this cowdfunding project.
I appreciate any kind of help – promotion, word-of-mouth propaganda, links …

But of course you can help best this project if you support us, for instance purchasing a DVD/Blu-ray upfront, just visit the crowdfunding website (there’s also a short video with film scenes and behind the scenes footage), any kind of interest from your side is much appreciated:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Re: PENDECHOS! Crowdfunding Project / restoring my first feature film
Reply #1 - 11/10/14 at 9:59pm

What's a Pendecho?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #2 - 11/12/14 at 7:45am

PENDECHO = PENDEJO (spanish for ''idiot'' or words of that effect)

I finished all the English text at the project page (see above link).
You'll find the button the activate the English language version
at the top right, next to my profile photo...

I hope some of you will find the time and support the film - the DVD/Blu-ray you'll get in return will be Region 0 (codefree) and bilingual.. (German/English).
The independent, guerilla film making cinema needs you Smiley.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pike Siegel
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #3 - 11/25/14 at 9:55am

Can't login or change my password (Nate, please).
So here I have ANOTHER registration.

No comments or re-actions at all regarding my crowdfunding project?
A bit disappointing. Quite a big thing for me: until recently
PENDECHOS! was supposed to be my first blu-ray release.
Now there's suddenly other news: PASSION & POETRY
will be released on blu-ray in Japan next year!

A short PENDECHOS teaser that plays our local cinemas here:

IP Logged

Nate B.
YaBB Administrator

If there had to be one,
it would be Sam Peckinpah

USA
Reply #4 - 12/01/14 at 5:01pm

Please check your email or the messages for this account! I didn't realize you were still locked out! As for the film/ crowdfunding, no excuse for not posting yet but this happens to be a very busy time of the year for me right now. I haven't had time to do lot but I think it is great and I meant to ask you about the film years ago!

If there had to be one, it would be Sam Peckinpah. Join the discussion at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
For my random junk: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or for my twitter: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #5 - 12/02/14 at 8:56pm

Pike Siegel wrote on 11/25/14 at 9:55am:
No comments or re-actions at all regarding my crowdfunding project?

If you're getting a small theatrical release, can't you offer some of the revenue you'd otherwise be making in lieu of production fees?

Pike Siegel wrote on 11/25/14 at 9:55am:
Now there's suddenly other news: PASSION & POETRY will be released on blu-ray in Japan next year!

Won't you need to remaster all the footage in order to do this? I thought Passion & Poetry was great, but my only complaint was that the DVD wasn't anamorphic and the aspect ratios varied slightly between the main feature and the extras.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5