Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
CONVOY on blu-ray / worldwide (Read 6925 times)
Novecento

Re: CONVOY on blu-ray / worldwide
Reply #18 - 03/08/16 at 8:43pm

Ah ok - so you're saying it was ineptitude on the part of the crew rather than deliberate surrealism/sabotage (depending on your interpretation) on the part of Peckinpah.

I wish Peckinpah's rough cut had survived. At least in the case of The Osterman Weekend and Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid we don't have to make do with the theatrical releases.

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #19 - 03/09/16 at 7:47am

That's what Sam said on record. And which Director would sabotage his own film ? Can't agree more regarding the Director's cut (or his last version so to speak). When I worked on my CONVOY project my respect for Sam grew even more when I realized how much he improved this stupid script which I had never read before.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

LPLQ
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #20 - 03/11/16 at 9:15pm

Oh boy...I've been watching all Peckinpah films the last week or so, and when I get to the end to watch my "'Convoy" DVD something tells me I might spring for this, even though this is the one movie of Sam's I could never get through.  We'll see, maybe time change my view.

I've got a new CD out called "Cinema Standards on Guitar" - there's nothing from Peckinpah's films on it ("I'll Remember April" didn't make the cut!) but I flirt with the idea of doing a "Sam Peckinpah on Guitar" disc one of these days - if I could find a way to make it all hang together!

Anyway, the "Cinema" disc is available here:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Thanks...

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #21 - 03/12/16 at 2:54pm

Shouldn't you be ending with The Osterman Weekend rather than Convoy anyway?

IP Logged

LPLQ
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #22 - 03/13/16 at 9:46am

Well, I'm not running them in order...I've already watched "Osterman" - I'm saving "Convoy" for last...

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #23 - 03/13/16 at 10:30pm

If Convoy weren't a "Sam Peckinpah film" (although technically it isn't largely really that anyway) which automatically sets an incredibly high bar, I think people would be more favorably disposed to it. It's certainly an enjoyable flick.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5