Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Sam's 90th birthday - so what happens worldwide in 2015? (Read 16804 times)
mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Sam's 90th birthday - so what happens worldwide in 2015?
01/29/15 at 7:34am

Peckinpah - fans can't be dissappointed really these days, those who care to look will find out that people around the world (of course Smiley) still care for his art. I think we will witness the fact, that his 'bad boy' image slowly will fade away and what will remain is the greatness of (most of) his films. Which is just fine. (whenever one cares to take a deeper look, one will stumple across all the hilarious anecdotes anyway.)

So let's collect news regarding new releases, celebrations etc. in this thread. I start with my 2 cents:

In Japan they honor him with a Blu-ray release of my PASSION POETRY - THE BALLAD OF SAM PECKINPAH.

French TV will screen some of his films along with my film.

In Locarno there will be a complete retrospective this August!

In the USA Kino Lorber releases the restored CONVOY (Blu-ray, April) with all my supplements (100 minutes) and a new audio-commentary by Simmons / Seydor / Redman.

I leave the 'book department' to one of you guys. I just finished Max Evans new book which is very entertaining! A must-have. He even included me in the book, I was very touched. Great man anyway, 90 (!) and still going strong...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Re: Sam's 90th birthday - so what happens worldwide in 2015?
Reply #1 - 01/29/15 at 7:50am

mike bishop wrote on 01/29/15 at 7:34am:
French TV will screen some of his films along with my film.

Great !!  Smiley

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #2 - 01/29/15 at 6:53pm

The Locarno retrospective will then be shown at the Cinematheque francaise in Paris. And they will be publishing a small book in french, english and spanish. What I would like to know is if they plan to invite some guests over from the USA...
« Last Edit: 01/29/15 at 6:59pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #3 - 02/21/15 at 6:33am

Happy Birthday Sam!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #4 - 02/21/15 at 9:28am

Great photos,  "Straw Dogs" and "Cross of Iron" are very funny  Grin
Happy birthday Sam !

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #5 - 02/21/15 at 1:47pm

Yeh those are great photos that show him over the years.

Speaking of Cross of Iron, the other day on TV I caught some show about the most influential films of all time (typical fare for the lead-up to the Oscars). The number one film was predictably Star Wars. However, when they showed an old photo of a movie theater with Star Wars as the main feature, I noticed that right underneath it had Cross of Iron listed. It made me think of Friedkin complaining about how Sorcerer being released around the same time did not do him any favors either.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8