Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
The Wild Bunch uncensored version (Read 6681 times)
mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Re: The Wild Bunch uncensored version
Reply #12 - 02/11/15 at 5:14am

We should not dream of such a version.
Its existence would have been known by now for sure. The US Peckinpah scholars worked with Warners on the LaserDisc & DVD Box and checked the archive, I'm sure.

Those preview versions never survive unfortunately, THE BLUES BROTHERS is one of the very few lucky exceptions.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

JEFF1950

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #13 - 02/11/15 at 5:25am

One segment of the film I would like re instated is the intermission with music. Now I know this footage is not lost because I have it in my collection on 35mm film with sound.

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #14 - 02/11/15 at 1:03pm

JEFF1950 wrote on 02/11/15 at 5:25am:
One segment of the film I would like re instated is the intermission with music. Now I know this footage is not lost because I have it in my collection on 35mm film with sound.

And what's the music in this segment, Jeff ?  Smiley

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #15 - 02/11/15 at 1:06pm

mike bishop wrote on 02/11/15 at 5:14am:
We should not dream of such a version.
Its existence would have been known by now for sure. The US Peckinpah scholars worked with Warners on the LaserDisc & DVD Box and checked the archive, I'm sure.

Those preview versions never survive unfortunately, THE BLUES BROTHERS is one of the very few lucky exceptions.

Perhaps, in a lost box in a cupboard, or in a box with the wrong name, or in a old collection... Lots of possibilities... Let us dream...  Undecided

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

JEFF1950

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #16 - 02/12/15 at 4:11am

And what's the music in this segment, Jeff ?

Evy

I have no idea, not having a 35mm projector I can't watch or listen to it. I saw The Wild Bunch on its first run in 1969 and it was shown with the intermission, When it was re released it was missing. My memory of the music is vague, but I think it was Bodega el Bodega de Bano, But I could be wrong.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3