Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Requiem for Billy the Kid (Read 5846 times)
Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Requiem for Billy the Kid
04/07/15 at 7:26pm

Have you seen this documentary of Anne Feinsilber, with Kris Kristofferson's voice and some parts of Peckinpah's film ? Is it interesting ?

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Re: Requiem for Billy the Kid
Reply #1 - 04/08/15 at 2:18pm

It looks really interesting. It was originally mentioned here on the forum:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Any idea if the French release is the same as the international releases?

(By the way, what does "real political facetalk" in the link have to do with anything and why is it the same site as sampeckinpah.com?)

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #2 - 04/08/15 at 10:06pm

I only have a shady recollection of the film but, as far as I can remember, the parts with Rudy Wurlitzer are the ones that interested me most. Otherwise, the film is more about the real Billy than about Peckinpah's film. And frankly, to me, Seydor's account of Billy the Kid's life in his new book was far more clear and exciting than this film.
And yes: the international version is identical to the French one (in which the narration is told by a popular French singer).
« Last Edit: 04/08/15 at 10:09pm by Gashade »  

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #3 - 04/09/15 at 2:28am

Thanks Novecento and Gashade (Hey, Gashade, I saw "the Shooting" this week Smiley )
A French critic said Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register than the film, with Arthur H. voice, made lot of comparisons between Billy the Kid and the French poet Arthur Rimbaud. Why not...
I must buy the Seydor's book !

My site (in french) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #4 - 04/10/15 at 9:08am

I have been saving up a bunch of orders from amazon.fr for a while now. I just added the French DVD of this to the list (looks like it had both audio options and some extra features while the US and UK releases were bare-bones) and placed the order. I'll post some comments once I've watched it.

If anyone is interested, I picked up some other cool things:

- Robert Hossein's "Toi... le venin" on Blu-ray and "Les Salauds vont en enfer" on DVD.
- Luchino Visconti's "Gruppo di famiglia in un interno (Conversation Piece)" on Blu-ray (apparently the French BD is much better than the US one)
- Max Ophuls' "Madame de..." (apparently the French BD trumps the US Criterion release which I resisted buying)
- The book "Michael Cimino, les voix perdues de l'Amérique" by Jean-Baptiste Thoret.

Now I'm flat-broke  Grin

IP Logged

Evy Angel Jones

You have no eyes

Marseille, France
Reply #5 - 04/10/15 at 1:47pm

What a great choice, Novecento ! The book of Jean-Baptiste Thoret is really good, I like also his book about "LE CINÉMA AMÉRICAIN des ANNÉES 70" but it's very difficult to find it...
Are you French too, Novecento ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3