Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
ALFREDO GARCIA German blu-ray - the first Peckinpah media book worldwide (Read 2973 times)
mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
ALFREDO GARCIA German blu-ray - the first Peckinpah media book worldwide
01/30/16 at 3:11am

Together with Koch-Media I'm currently co-producing the ultimate BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA Blu-ray/DVD release! (April 2016)

3-Disc deluxe Mediabook!

my supplements:

PASSION & POETRY - SAM's FAVORITE FILM (Documentary, 56 min., with Isela Vega, Kris Kristofferson, Gordon Dawson, Chalo Gonzalez, Katy Haber, Garner Simmons & rare Sam audio)

A WRITER's JOURNEY - WITH PECKINPAH IN MEXICO (featurette, 27 min., with Garner Simmons)

PASSION & POETRY IN LOCARNO - KATY HABER ON ALFREDO GARCIA (featurette, 14 min., with Katy Haber)

Audio-commentary (so far in German only)

6x US TV Spots

German + US trailer

Promomaterial / gallery

Booklet

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Recording the audio-commentary with the little help of a tequila bottle

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: 01/30/16 at 3:14am by mike bishop »  

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Re: ALFREDO GARCIA German blu-ray - the first Peckinpah media book worldwide
Reply #1 - 01/30/16 at 6:30pm

My favourite. So I guess this release is going to have to join the other ones I have of that film...

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #2 - 01/31/16 at 7:30pm

mike bishop wrote on 01/30/16 at 3:11am:
PASSION & POETRY - SAM's FAVORITE FILM (Documentary, 56 min., with Isela Vega, Kris Kristofferson, Gordon Dawson, Chalo Gonzalez, Katy Haber, Garner Simmons & rare Sam audio)

A WRITER's JOURNEY - WITH PECKINPAH IN MEXICO (featurette, 27 min., with Garner Simmons)

PASSION & POETRY IN LOCARNO - KATY HABER ON ALFREDO GARCIA (featurette, 14 min., with Katy Haber)

Audio-commentary (so far in German only)

6x US TV Spots

German + US trailer

Promomaterial / gallery

Booklet

Recording the audio-commentary with the little help of a tequila

How does the quality of the image compare to the previous BD releases?

Out of the interviews, is it just the Katy Haber one that's not on the Twilight Time release? Does she share anything "new" so to speak?

Will your audio commentary blow the Twilight Time one out of the water? (Thinking about it, I'm not sure if I've actually managed to sit down and listen to the TT one yet)

Gashade wrote on 01/30/16 at 6:30pm:
My favourite. So I guess this release is going to have to join the other ones I have of that film...

Grin

I already have the Italian and US Blu-rays and my budget might not be able to extend to triple dipping  Sad  It all depends on how strong my will power is...
« Last Edit: 01/31/16 at 7:32pm by Novecento »  

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #3 - 02/01/16 at 7:06am

MASTER: I have only the TT. I suppose it will be the same MGM master. I really like it, younger generations may less so. For me it looks just right - very good resolution, right amount of grain, very good colors (true to its 1974 look!). There are some scratches and so-called dirt (in fact little tiny damages on the print appearing white on-screen) but I think it fits this film perfectly. It should look like the theatrical presentation it was 42 years ago, not too clean-cut, degrained and modern color graded. Many, so many images look like paintings now. It is the only Sam-Film I never saw in a cinema - I always liked it but since owning it in HD quality I really love it.

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #4 - 04/29/16 at 5:22pm

Received my advance copy today! Really nice:

« Last Edit: 04/29/16 at 5:25pm by mike bishop »  

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #5 - 04/30/16 at 10:10pm

That does look nice! Does your commentary have English subs?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3