Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
ALFREDO GARCIA German blu-ray - the first Peckinpah media book worldwide (Read 3041 times)
mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Re: ALFREDO GARCIA German blu-ray - the first Peckinpah media book worldwide
Reply #12 - 05/07/16 at 3:51am

I don't like doing commentaries very much. I'd love to sit down with two or three colleagues and do it, but talking all by yourself is a different show - I have to research for at least a day or two to get enough material together to fill out all that time. (nobody pays you for that of course).
The good thing is, I learn a lot myself. I see details in films I never saw before (I'm not too good spotting goofs etc.). For instance when Chalo & Jorge search for Alfredo in the early montage scene, on their sheet of paper "Aristos" is written. That was the crews hotel. And "Barbarella"! That is a nice joke. The mob guys have a Picasso on the wall (50s "Bullfighter" series). All those cameo's (Katy, Richard Wright, Sharon Peckinpah, Whitey Hughes, Peckinpah's brother in law...), the Nixon jokes (funny dollar bill on the wall behind Oates in the bar, the Time magazine cover)....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3