Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
New PASSION & POETRY chapter: Senta Berger & Sam (Read 2467 times)
mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
New PASSION & POETRY chapter: Senta Berger & Sam
09/10/16 at 4:36am

Another entry in the PASSION & POETRY series: For PASSION & POETRY - SENTA & SAM I edited the full half-hour interview I shot with Senta Berger. She talks about her time in Hollywood, MAJOR DUNDEE, THE GLORY GUYS and CROSS OF IRON. The film is included on the new 2016 Twilight Time Blu-ray for THE GLORY GUYS (screenplay: Sam Peckinpah) along with some other supplements I provided.
[Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: 09/10/16 at 4:37am by mike bishop »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Novecento

Re: New PASSION & POETRY chapter: Senta Berger & Sam
Reply #1 - 09/10/16 at 2:45pm

Mike - you've got to stop bringing out stuff I want to buy Grin

I've actually never seen "The Glory Guys", but have of course heard about it as regards Peckinpah's involvement with the screenplay. Apparently he wasn't too happy with how the story was shifted more towards a romantic love triangle.

Having said that, anything photographed by James Wong-Howe is usually worth a watch. What's the Riz Ortolani score like?

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #2 - 09/10/16 at 5:50pm

Actually I provided the release with the 1965 featurette The James Wong-Howe Story (If I recall the title right) which I got from a SEnta Berger collector. I can't recall the soundtrack - I saw the film only once, 20 years ago Smiley. I look forward to see it again with different eyes now - in wonderful quality...
« Last Edit: 09/11/16 at 4:38pm by mike bishop »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Gashade

Paris, France
Reply #3 - 09/11/16 at 10:49am

Quote:
What's the Riz Ortolani score like?

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #4 - 10/07/16 at 10:19pm

Novecento wrote on 09/10/16 at 2:45pm:
Having said that, anything photographed by James Wong-Howe is usually worth a watch. What's the Riz Ortolani score like?

I just realized Tom Rolf edited this - albeit very early in his career. There are some big names associated with this!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1