Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SamPeckinpah.com The Sam Peckinpah Forum
  Welcome to SamPeckinpah.com, a forum for fans of Sam Peckinpah!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Peckinpah - new Blu - ray's 2017 (Read 6572 times)
Novecento

Re: Peckinpah - new Blu - ray's 2017
Reply #6 - 03/20/17 at 11:22pm

I just e-mailed them. Unlikely at this late stage, but you never know....

IP Logged

stepeanut
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #7 - 03/25/17 at 4:10am

Ride the High Country is released next month by Warner Archive Collection (manufactured on demand):

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Available direct from the link above, or via Amazon U.S.

It's also worth noting that The Deadly Companions was released on BD in Japan last month:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The only review I've read was from a blu-ray.com forum user, who described it as, "A bad upscale with heavy DNR and bad compression artifacts."  Probably another in the long line of public domain releases that have plagued this title over the years.

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #8 - 03/25/17 at 1:29pm

stepeanut wrote on 03/25/17 at 4:10am:
Ride the High Country is released next month by Warner Archive Collection (manufactured on demand):

Available direct from the link above, or via Amazon U.S.

Yes - looking forward to that!

stepeanut wrote on 03/25/17 at 4:10am:
It's also worth noting that The Deadly Companions was released on BD in Japan last month:

The only review I've read was from a blu-ray.com forum user, who described it as, "A bad upscale with heavy DNR and bad compression artifacts."  Probably another in the long line of public domain releases that have plagued this title over the years.

Yes - the latest amazon.co.jp review seems to say a similar thing:

Quote:
画面のフレームが動く度に 像がカクカクします。HDでなくSDのPALマスターを使用しているのでしょうか。ブルーレイソフトとしてはお薦め出来かねる代物かと。

IP Logged

Novecento

Reply #9 - 04/02/17 at 10:33pm

Novecento wrote on 03/20/17 at 11:22pm:
I just e-mailed them. Unlikely at this late stage, but you never know....

No reply yet (and there probably never will be)  Sad

Incidentally, the last time I e-mailed Criterion was a few years ago. I suggested that they release Pontecorvo's "Burn" in a complete unedited version with as complete an English audio track of Marlon Brando as is available (subs where not available). They said they liked the suggestion, but I haven't heard anything since so I suppose licensing has been an issue.

IP Logged

mike bishop
Global Moderator

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Sindelfingen
Reply #10 - 04/03/17 at 12:08pm

It is a great company, maybe the best. But communication is not that great. Unfortunately. I always respond to people, I was raised that way, and with my eBay shop I have 500-1000 emails a month. So a reply would have been the least they could have done - but that's very common these days, unfortunately: If you people need you or want to something from you they call back immediately, if not they just "forget about it".
But I'm not too sad I couldn't contribute to the STRAW DOGS disc, I have 5 new (more or less new) Peckinpah Blu-ray releases on the table right now - good year, and it's only April Smiley.

DEADLY Japan: thanks for the link! I had to laugh, they even copied the sleeve artwork from our German DVD Smiley.
« Last Edit: 04/03/17 at 12:10pm by mike bishop »  

IP Logged

stepeanut
YaBB Newbies

Sam Peckinpah Fan

Reply #11 - 05/05/17 at 5:36am

Some photos of the Japanese BD of The Deadly Companions:

I had a couple of things to order from Japan, so I threw this into the mix, despite the negative reviews.  Watched it this morning, and noticed quite a few digital artifacts.  Pure collection filler, for me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6